- M.Sc., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Tehran, Iran, 2012
- B.Sc., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran, 2009
- Integrated Water Resources Modeling and Management
- System Thinking and System Analysis
- Sustainability of Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- Climate Change Impact on Water Resources
- Shin, S., Lee, S., Judi, D., Parvania, M., Goharian, E., McPherson, T., Burian, S., (UR). "A Systematic Review of Quantitative Resilience Measures for Water Infrastructure Systems." Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management.
- Goharian, E., Burian, S., Karamouz, M. (UR), “Using Joint Probability Distribution of Reliability and Vulnerability to Develop a Water System Performance Index (WSPI).” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management.
- Goharian, E., Burian, S.J. (UR), “Developing a Decision Support Tool by Coupling Water Models to Simulate the Effects of Alternative Management Policies”. Journal of Hydroinformatics.
- Hansen, C., Goharian, E., Burian, S. (UR), “Comparison of Traditional and Combined Change Factor Methodologies for Local Precipitation Scaling and Hydrologic Modeling Applications.” Journal of Hydrologic Engineering.
- Goharian, E., Zahmatkesh, Z., Sandoval-Solis, S. (UR), “Uncertainty Propagation of Hydrologic Modeling in Water Supply System Performance: Application of Monte Carlo Markov Chain Method.” Journal of Hydrologic Engineering.
- Rodriguez-Arellano, J.L., Sandoval-Solis, S., Goharian. E., Dahlke, H. (UR). “Conceptual Framework to Estimate Economic Feasibility of Groundwater Banking on Agricultural Land”. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management.
- Goharian, E., Burian, S., Lillywhite, J., Hile, R. (2016), “Vulnerability Assessment to Support Integrated Water Resources Management of Metropolitan Water Supply Systems.” J. Water Resour. Plann. Manage. 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000738.
- Tavakol-Davani, H., Goharian, E.,Hansen, C., Tavakol-Davani, H., Apul, D., Burian, S. (2016), “How does climate change affect combine sewer overflow in a system benefiting from rainwater harvesting systems?” Sustainable Cities and Society Journal. doi:10.1016/j.scs.2016.07.003.
- Swain, N. R., Christensen, S., Snow, A., Dolder, H., Espinoza-Dávalos, G. E., Goharian, E., Anderson, J., Jones, N.L., Nelson, E.J., Ames, D.P., Williams, G., Burian, S.J. (2016), “A new Open Source Platform for Lowering the Barrier for Environmental Web App Development: Introducing Tethys Platform.” Environmental Modelling & Software Journal.
- Goharian, E., Burian, S., Bardsley, T., and Strong, C. (2015). "Incorporating Potential Severity into Vulnerability Assessment of Water Supply Systems under Climate Change Conditions." J. Water Resour. Plann. Manage. 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000579, 04015051.
- York, C., Goharian, E., Burian, S. (2015), “Impacts of Large-Scale Stormwater Green Infrastructure Implementation and Climate Variability on Receiving Water Response in the Salt Lake City Area.” American Journal of Environmental Science, 2015, 11 (4): 278-292. DOI: 10.3844/ajessp.2015.278.292.
- Goharian, E., Burian, S.J. (2014), “Integrated Urban Water Resources Modeling in a Semi-Arid Mountainous Region using a Cyber-Infrastructure Framework.” Proceedings 11th International Conference on Hydroinformatics, CUNY Academic Works, http://academicworks.cuny.edu/cc_conf_hic/230.
- Karamouz, M., Zahmatkesh, Z, Goharian, E., Nazif, S. (2014), “Combined impact of inland and coastal floods: mapping knowledge base for development of planning strategies.” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000497 , 04014098.
- Zahmatkesh, Z., Karamouz, M., Goharian, E., Burian, S. (2014), “Analysis of the Effects of Climate Change on Urban Storm Water Runoff Using Statistically Downscaled Precipitation Data and a Change Factor Approach.” Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0001064 , 05014022.
- Zahmatkesh, Z., Burian, S., Karamouz, M., Tavakol, H., Goharian, E. (2014), “Low-Impact Development Practices to Mitigate Climate Change Effects on Urban Stormwater Runoff: Case Study of New York City.” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 141(1), 04014043.
- Goharian, E.*, Karamouz, M., Nazif, S. (2013), “Reliability Assessment of the Water Supply Systems under Uncertain Future Extreme Climate Conditions.” Earth Interact., Vol. 17, Iss. 20, pp. 1-27. DOI: 10.1175/2012EI000503.1. (Top 5 Most Read EI Articles -2013 & 2014)
Take a look at Erfan's CV (Updated Jan, 2016).